An unusual view of the Wenonah Park seen in a postcard shared by Hank Flowers.
Hank Flowers shared this postcard with a leafy view of the Wenonah Military Building.
Hank Flowers shared this scene which could be in winter..
At least part of the stone wall still stands and bears a plaque dedicated to remembering the Academy which existed from 1902 - 1935.
Too bad the card was processed on paper with such a rough texture. Scenes from the parade ground in the park to Wenonah Lake and Ogden Rd are included.
The card was sent on February 19, 1911 from S. S. Vierick in Wenonah to Mrs A. E. Ogden, of Mickleton. If the weather held she would take the 1 PM train to Mickleton.
You can click on the links below to zoom in on the images.
Charlie Horan found this video of Wildwood in 1915. The connection to Wenonah? At about the 1:49 mark, Dr. Lorence of the Wenonah Military Academy and his wife arrive at the Hotel Adelphi-Witte in Wildwood.
Click on the link below to watch the video.
You can go to this link to get another look at the Hotel Adelphi-Witte.
Undated photo of Wenonah Military Academy cadets on the march.
Geoffrey Schulz asked:
Looking toward Oak Valley? Is my orientation correct?
Jeff Wentzell replied:
Dave Brangan replied:
Yes, the road goes uphill after the bridge to what is now Oak Valley.
Charles Trocolli asked:
Charles Trocolli Hey gang, what is that building with the smokestack?
Larry Smith wrote:
We heard about Arthur J. Holeton at the 2017 Cemetery Walk sponsored by the Wenonah Historical Society, Wenonah NJ Post 192 of The American Legion and Wenonah Cemetery Association. Here's his senior bio from the 1912 Yearbook of the the Wenonah Military Academy.
Kathryn MacGregor's donation of Wenonah Military Academy items included this silverware, which was first used at the Wenonah Inn, and then at the Wenonah Military Academy.
The Wenonah Inn was open from about 1880 until 1904 when it became the Wenonah Military Academy.
This assortment of Wenonah Military Academy buttons, pins, rings, and even a pocket knife, was donated by Kathryn MacGregor.
Pen knife or pocket knife? Quill pens, anyone? See the PDF below.
A souvenir paddle from Camp Wenonah, a donation to the Wenonah Historical Society from Kathryn MacGregor.
A Camp Wenonah tee shirt that was donated by Kathryn MacGregor. It has not been worn, but is a bit dirty and faded after 80-90 years.
Kathryn MacGregor, daughter of former Camp Wenonah owner and operator Captain David C. Knight, donated several items from Camp Wenonah, including this sign. The camp was located in Poyntelle, PA along the shore of Lake Poyntelle.
For the summer of 1936 the camp was accepting 60 boys. Every five boys would have one councilor. All councilors would be college students.