This image was shared by both Jean Marie Puhlman and George Braun. George puts the time of the image as after 1897 and before 1910.
Jean Marie Puhlman shared this image from her collection of photos of Little Grange, which was built in 1896 by Edward L. Farr and is located at 300 East Mantua Ave.
Here's a sampling of what Dorothy Shuman donated from the earliest years of the Garden Club of Wenonah. It appears the club started in January/February 1921. The donated material shows the Garden Club remained active until at least 1944.
We received a donation from Dorothy Shuman via Carol Wiltsee. Included in the donation were the earliest achives from the Garden Club of Wenonah, several pictures from the Panama Canal construction, and this program from the 1925 commencement of the Wenonah Public School.
Here's the first photo from Rick Mitchell --- 206 East Willow Street from the South Princeton Avenue side. This photo was given to Rick by Sue McNally when Rick and Marna Carlton closed on the purchase of the house. The photo is undated, but Rick suspects it was taken earlier than 1913 when some changes were made to the house.
206 E. Willow was built in 1888. The original owner was Charles Wilkens.
View the second photo here.
1932 Wenonah Grammar School class, ready for a play about George Washington's life --- courtesy WHS Museum.
And the most of the names of the cast were recorded on the back of the photograph.
This 1925 photo of 3 East Poplar Street is the oldest of the four photos that Christian Limbert gave Carol Wiltsee. Janet Hutchinson Limbert, Christian's mother, is on the right and Valentine (Val) Roth, a long-time Wenonah resident, is on the left. Janet and Val were the grandchildren of Arthur E. Davis.
Winter scene at the same address circa 1935.
Winter of 1942.
Here's the fourth postcard that the WHS received from Rick Mitchell --- the train crossing at Mantua Avenue, more than decade before the street was paved. The postmark is dated August 25, 1909, and the postage is only a penny.
Rick Mitchell recently donated four postcards to the Wenonah Historical Society. Here's the first one --- a very timely one since Bill Caraker and Bob Bevilacqua spoke about the Wenonah Cemetery at our last meeting.
Click on the link below the postcard to see a view of the Wenonah Cemetery from October, 2014 via Google street view.
Here's a great photo of 3 East Mantua Avenue in late 1800s with a brief history at the top. (Courtesy of WHS Museum)
In late 1925, an advertisement in the Woodbury Daily Times announced 3 East Mantua Avenue would be changing from Brown's Grocery Store to W.E. Seiders' Hardware and Paint Store.
Read more about the William E. Seiders store in the October, 2014 Wenonah Historical Society newsletter -
Here's a look inside the store.
400 W. Mantua Ave.
View of station before the Elm St footbridge was in place.
Early 1950's real photo postcard of Wenonah station.
Inside of the program -
Current appearance of 6 N. Marion Ave., built as the first Wenonah School building in 1878, next, in 1894, when the stone school building was put into use, used as Noblit's Hall and sometimes called the Wenonah Opera House, followed by its use in 1913 as the Y.M.C.A. Building and in 1922 as the American Legion building, when the American Legion began using the old railroad station for meetings it was sold and has since been used as a residence.