Charles H. Lorence Cottage of the Wenonah Military Academy
At the northeast corner of S Clinton Ave and E Cherry St. In 1931, the house at 11 S. Clinton Ave., known as the Chas. H. Lorence Cottage, was the residence of senior cadets from the Wenonah Military Academy. The house was built in 1873 by George McGill. Dr. Charles H. Lorence was a dentist who took charge of the Academy in 1912. At one point the Academy enrolled over 200 cadets.--- Courtesy of the WHS Museum.