In 1982, Jane Ramsay, Marjorie Lentz, Jack and Jean Ehlers, and others went to the Borough Council and asked permission to create an archives committee. Out of this committee, the Wenonah Historical Society was formed. The first meeting of the Wenonah Historical Society was held on September 10, 1982.
MISSION OF THE WENONAH HISTORICAL SOCIETY
The objectives of the Wenonah Historical Society are:
1. To acquire and preserve historic documents, records, artifacts and memorabilia of the Borough of Wenonah.
2. To locate and acquire a suitable place for the storage and display of such materials.
3. To encourage the protection and preservation of historical landmarks and points of interest within the Borough of Wenonah.
4. To encourage historical and genealogical research, and publication of its results.
5. To encourage interest in history generally, and in Wenonah history in particular, among the youth of Wenonah.
6. To make all information and acquisitions of the Society available to the public.
CURRENT OFFICERS OF WENONAH HISTORICAL SOCIETY
President: Charles Horan
Vice President: Nora Taylor
Secretary: Jennie McQuade
Treasurer: Scott Barnes
Trustee: Louis McCall
Trustee: Paul Lader
PRESIDENTS OF WENONAH HISTORICAL SOCIETY
Jean Ehlers 1982-1992
Val Roth 1992-1996
Jane Ramsay 1997-2000
Vicki McCall 2001-2002
Rocco Doto 2003-2004
Don Ralston 2005-2006
Lou McCall 2007-2008
Barb Capelli 2009-2010
Charlie Horan 2011-Present
CONSTITUTION AND BYLAWS
The Constitution and Bylaws of the Wenonah Historical Society can be found at this link: "Constitution and Bylaws"