In 1982, Jane Ramsay, Marjorie Lentz, Jack and Jean Ehlers, and others went to the Borough Council and asked permission to create an archives committee. Out of this committee, the Wenonah Historical Society was formed. The first meeting of the Wenonah Historical Society was held on September 10, 1982.
MISSION OF THE WENONAH HISTORICAL SOCIETY
The objectives of the Wenonah Historical Society are:
1. To acquire and preserve historic documents, records, artifacts and memorabilia of the Borough of Wenonah.
2. To locate and acquire a suitable place for the storage and display of such materials.
3. To encourage the protection and preservation of historical landmarks and points of interest within the Borough of Wenonah.
4. To encourage historical and genealogical research, and publication of its results.
5. To encourage interest in history generally, and in Wenonah history in particular, among the youth of Wenonah.
6. To make all information and acquisitions of the Society available to the public.
2016 WENONAH HISTORICAL SOCIETY OFFICERS
President: Charles Horan
Vice President: Nora Taylor
Secretary: Vicki McCall
Treasurer: Scott Barnes
Trustee: Louis McCall
Trustee: Paul Lader